Ahoy there!

We are all so very proud of just what a super job the children did on Friday morning!  They all spoke with great confidence, remembered exactly what to do when AND even managed to put some intonation and expressed into their lines!  I can honestly say I was so impressed by every single one of them!

A huge thank you to all the parents for supplying such fantastic costumes and for helping your children to learn their lines.  Thank you also for supporting us by coming along on the day.  When asked, many of the children said their favourite part of the assembly had been seeing you smiling, laughing and clapping.

Unfortunately, in all the excitement, I didn’t manage to take a photo of the entire Jolly Crew.  If anyone has one, taken at the end of the assembly, that they wouldn’t mind me posting here, I’d be most grateful if you could send it to me via the school office email. Thank you!

Many, many thanks to the Khan family for sending in this photo…what a jolly crew!

As you can imagine, most of our week was spent practising for our assembly! We did, however, find some time to read an old favourite – ‘Can’t You Sleep Little Bear’ – which tells the story of little bear, who can’t get to sleep because he is afraid of the dark.  His father, big bear, reassures him until he finally falls asleep.

We also wrote some father’s day messages for our own daddies, and printed some handprints to make a father’s day keepsake bookmark.  These were sent home on Friday and we hope they made their way to our daddies today.  Happy father’s day!

1 thought on “Ahoy there!

1. Thank you for such a wonderful class assembly, we loved it. It was clear the children had all been working very hard on it and it was so nice to see how keen they all were to get everything right. They did a great job!