Letter To The Prince

Your Majesty, as you requested, I have searched throughout Greece and found you a location to build your new city. This destination is on a small island, south-east of the Peloponnese. However, being an island it is vulnerable to cases of piracy, flooding, and bad weather. This could effect the city and possibly make you a main target for many bad reasons. Although, this location is far better for fishing, Trading, Fresh Spring Water and Growing Crops. Growing Crops will boost trading abilities. Providing you with more goods to give and receive.

Settling by a mountain could also make you susceptible to land slides, trouble with building houses, trouble breathing if you travel to high and a difficulty growing crops. Land slides would occur because of the erosion from the sea water. Due to any bad weather, it could lead to over sea storms or possible Tsnamis. The freshest of Mountain water can only be found in the right area; although, landslides could damage your cities structure if a large slide occurs. A large number of cities are placed near mountains for plenty of

reasons such as a guard from the bad weather, a source for natural spring water and many other reasons. There are a variety of advantages and an equal amount of disadvantages; but I think that you should definitely choose to settle your new city on this small terrain, outside the Peloponnese. In my opinion, it is much better to be outside the Peloponnese since you are further away from the troubles of being in the Peloponnese. This provides you with a much smaller chance of being invaded or robbed from. But my opinions may be wrong; this may increase chances of being invaded ; making you susceptible to piracy if you trade and get more goods.I highly recommend that you use this land for your new city Repolis.

But it is all up to you and I hope you take in this information.

Yours sincerely,

Mia

3 thoughts on “Letter To The Prince

1. I really enjoyed reading your report and I like your sentence structures and word choices. I particularly like how you describe the location of your city. Well Done.

2. Your not forcing the prince because your last sentence says “But it is all up to you and I hope you take in this information.” and I like that because your giving him a choice to have the location for his city.