Report to Prince

Your royal highness,

As per your request, I have discovered a site that would be suitable for your new city. Enclosed in the envelope is the report and map of Greece, on which the location is labelled. The site is situated on the Northern Peloponnese and soon you will know the reasons for both the advantages and the disadvantages.

The mountains around this area, dominate the landscape and are in some ways very advantageous. For example, having close proximity to the mountains would benefit the citizens because they can use the facilities to protect themselves and to shelter if there was to be any floods. However, being placed in a district near mountains, the city could be at risk of landslides and may have limited space to expand.

Although the area has lots of mountains the flat land means that it should be easy to build on and ideal for growing crops – It could also help as you could see enemies approaching. But proximity to flat land would mean that we would be susceptible to flooding and it could be easier for enemy armies to invade.

Having a city means that the citizens will need food/water. This site is perfect for supplies as it has mountains, which should provide fresh spring water for residents, and level ground, from which we could grow crops. People could also fish in the lake – another water source. The area is also near a forest, where citizens could hunt to contribute food. On the other hand, being in proximity to other cities (Corinth, Megalopolis) and having ideal living supplies, other states may want to rob or use our supply stocks.

After carefully debating the advantages and disadvantages, I would highly recommend this location because the advantages out weigh the disadvantages. I look forward to working with you in the future months to construct the city that will prosper in this area.

.

2 thoughts on “Report to Prince

1. I like the punctuation and usage of non fictional language such as ‘debating’ ‘prosper’ and ‘facilities’. They are interesting words that I haven’t heard of before, I will have to look for these in the dictionary!