Welcome to Phase One

Welcome to our brand new Phase 1 blog!  We plan to use the blog to keep you up-to-date with all the exciting learning that takes place every week at St Matthews. The blog will also be a space for posting school reminders, as well as links to sites we may all find useful, so please do check in regularly! We sometimes will post as individual classes and other times as a phase group, we hope you will find it valuable and look forward to your encouraging comments.

Please note, I do not own any of the images included on our blog, apart from the photos of our classroom and children.

What a lovely start to the year it has been. The children have settled into the new academic year and it’s been great hearing all about their busy summers.

Assemblies have looked at ‘fresh starts’ and the children have been thinking about what they can do to be the very best version of themselves in this school year. It is sometimes difficult to start something new or face a challenge but Joshua 1:9 reminds us:

‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.’

Thanks for reading and I hope you are as excited as I am for this new opportunity to bring school and home together through the Phase 1 blog!

Miss Luetchford 🙂